The goal of the UBL.BE First Strategy is to actively promote the sending and receiving of e-invoicing in our UBL.BE standard.
The board of the UBL.BE workgroup has decided to create a label that software houses and service providers can use to show their users that their software or service is compliant with the conditions stated in this document.
The term “documents” in the below conditions refers to invoices and credit notes.
- The software house or service provider is a member of the UBL.BE workgroup.
- The software or service is compliant with the ability to send and/or receive documents compliant with our UBL.BE standard.
- If the software or service publishes receiving capabilities for its users on platforms, it shall also enable receiving capabilities for UBL.BE type documents.
- If the software or service provider enables sending documents, the software or service provider shall be compliant with at least one of the below conditions.
- Every time a document is sent, the software or service checks automatically if the receiver can receive UBL.BE type documents. If the receiver is capable, the software or service will send the document in UBL.BE format. This check overrules any configuration setting related to the preferred format of the receiver.
- Every time the user of the software or service creates a new receiver, the software or service checks if the receiver can receive UBL.BE type documents. If the receiver is capable, the software or service sets the configuration setting to use UBL.BE as the preferred format for this receiver.
- The software or service has functionality allowing the user periodically or at any moment in time to check if receivers can receive UBL.BE type documents. If a receiver is capable, the user has the option to change the configuration so that the software or service will send the documents in UBL.BE format. Changing the configuration should happen in a user-friendly way.
- The service actively facilitates a software house to roll out its UBL.BEFirstStrategy.
The board of the UBL.BE workgroup assigns the right to use the label to any software or service after the software house or service provider has proven compliance with the stated conditions.
The board of the UBL.BE workgroup can withdraw the right to use the label if a software or a service is no longer compliant with the stated conditions.
Every compliant software or service will be published on the UBL.BE website.